The TX87 is a touring ski from Kästle .
The TX87 is the most accessible model in the range, thanks to its sidecut, weight and construction which allow you to enjoy both climbing and descending. It is aimed at beginners or intermediate skiers looking for a ski to have fun.
Regarding construction, Kästle has developed a lightweight paulownia core and a semi-cap construction with tri-axial fibreglass reinforcements on both sides of the core. The ski has a double rocker with a tip which features the brand's patented Hollowtech 3.0 technology, which makes it lighter in strategic places by removing unnecessary layers, while providing increased cushioning. The finish is incredible and it will be difficult to put the ski out of action, even in difficult snow. And here is a little extra from Kastle: the spatula is phosphorescent for better visibility during your night outings!
The TX 87 UP is perfect for ski tourers looking for a good price-quality ratio. The TX 87 is a safe bet.
1245g/ski (size 150 cm)
1310g/ski (size 158 cm)
1380g/ski (size 166 cm)
1445g/ski (size 174 cm)
1510g/ski (size 182 cm)
- Turn radius :
15.5 m (size 174 cm)
Paulownia wood core:
- Base :
sintered UHM graphite
- SEMI- CAP Sandwich: The Semicap Sandwich construction gives the ski enormous torsional stiffness and optimal flex for better control and power transfer.
Core structure :
WOODCORE: Each Kästle ski is made with the finest wood core, manufactured to a precision of one tenth of a millimetre. This allows us to control the weight, responsiveness and dampness characteristics of the ski, resulting in a high-quality, durable product. The wood type, or combination of different woods, is individually adapted to each model line, based on the ski‘s intensions.
- Hollowtech 3.0: The brand's patented key technology is unique to ski manufacturing. Removing unneeded layers at the front of the ski makes it more stable, edge-grip is more powerful and the overall weight is reduced. The size of each Hollowtech is adapted to individual model lines. The new version 3.0 offers an even lighter tip with carbon and less material for an even better effect.
- Use of phosphorescent materials in tip to ensure better visibility in the dark
Elliptical Radius: The shape of the Elliptical Radius determines how quickly and aggressively the ski turns.
- Progressive Rise: allows for tip optimisation for better float control off-piste.
- Low Camber: A low-profile camber for better turning.
- Hook Free Shovel: Longer tip often associated with progressive lift. The point of contact with the snow is moved towards the centre of the ski, ensuring a more forgiving and manoeuvrable performance.
- Hook Free Tail: the tail is longer, which causes the ski-snow contact to move towards the centre of the ski, resulting in a more forgiving and playful turn exit.
Le TX 87 UP est un ski polyvalent. Il conviendra parfaitement aux personnes débutantes et même avec un niveau intermédiaire. La recette de construction des skis Kastle ne nous laisse pas de surprise à la descente... le ski répond et se skie très bien.
Les plus: Accessibilité, stabilité, maniable
Les moins: RAS dans son programme