The Grigri is an belay device from Petzl.
This belay device is for experienced belayers and climbers. It is equipped with assisted braking for single ropes with a diameter of 8.5 to 11mm.
It simplifies belaying, whether on crags or indoors. Assisted braking prevents falls and provides incomparable comfort to keep your climbing partners safe. It also lets climbers descend smoothly and with maximum control.
In terms of practicality, the Grigri is a very light tool (175 g) and will not weigh you down.
Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope
- Comfortable belaying: thanks to the assisted-breaking: in the event of a fall of a climber, the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- compatible with single dynamic ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- rope installation diagram engraved on the belay device (inside and outside).
Exceptional comfort during descents:
- comfortable grip and easy unlocking of the rope, thanks to the ergonomic handle,
- easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
For beginner belayers and their instructors:
- simple belay use in head and reel
- Exceptional lightness (175g), compactness and durability ratio
Weight: 175 g
Rope compatibility: single rope from 8.5 to 11 mm
Material(s): aluminium side plates, brake plate and stainless steel cam, reinforced nylon handle
Certification(s): THIS IN 15151-1, UIAAA