The Rise Above 88 is part of the new Völkl freerando range for men.
The Rise Above 88 combines all the most important criteria for any good ski touring: light weight, climbing ability and good downhill skiing. The ski owes it lightness to a Tourlite Woodcore composed of wood with lightweight characteristics such as poplar and paulownia.
In terms of descents, the Rise Above 88 is very agile due to its Tip Rocker as well as its flat and rigid tail. In crusted snow conditions, the Rise Above 88 is an easy ski. Equipped with the 3D Radius Sidecut technology you will have 3 different radii of curvature to make small or large turns as you wish. On the ascent, its performance and handling in difficult and narrow passages are particularly noteworthy.
It also features SkinPin technology, which makes it easier and faster to apply the skins so you can save time and energy on your climbs.
The Rise Above 88 represents an ideal compromise between a light touring ski for uphill touring and performance in all snow conditions
Weight : 2372 g for 177 cm.
Turn radius :
Varius 3D technology, 3 different radii :
- R1 = 20 m; R2 = 12 m; R3 = 17 m in size 156 cm
- R1 = 22 m; R2 = 14 m; R3 = 19 m in size 163 cm
- R1 = 25 m; R2 = 15 m; R3 = 22 m in size 170 cm
- R1 = 28 m; R2 = 17 m; R3 = 23 m in size 177 cm
- R1 = 31 m; R2 = 18 m; R3 = 25 m in size 184 cm
Tourlite wood core: The use of beech (dense wood) in the binding zone and light wood (poplar and paulownia).
Tip Rocker : only curved upwards at the ski tip. Traditional camber at the level of the ski.
- Sole :
P-Tex 2100: Compact base with excellent glide.
- 3D. Radius Sidecut :
Use of the long radius in tip and heel for large turns at high speed
Easy driving and manoeuvrability
High speed resistant tips
No radius limitation and easier
turn exit Use of the shorter radius for small turns at medium speed
Very easy to enter a turn
Less effort and smoother short turns
- SkinPin Technology : Skins are connected by a pin with the ski's shovel (rotation of 90°). Result: 100% reliable bindings. Since the device is visible from above, the skier has perfect control at all times. The hole at the tip of the ski can be used if necessary to build a rescue sleigh or sledge.
The Rise Above 88 is an ideal ski for intermediate to advanced skiers who are looking for a versatile ski that allows them to have as much fun on the way up as on the way down. It's a very easy to handle and easy to learn, and you quickly gain confidence in it. The Rise Above 88 will not fail you and will allow you to be at ease in all conditions.
The advantages: light weight, excellent ascent/downhill ratio
Disadvantages: Bearing capacity in deep snow.