The striking splitboard model from Jones, the Storm Chaser Split is a men's splitboard for intermediate to advanced boarders.
With the swallow shape (tail) for free carving inspired by surfboards, the Storm Chaser Split will turn you into a real powder hunter and will make you want to get up before everyone else to go out and enjoy the early morning conditions.
As with every hiking trip, you have to start with the ascent. The Storm Chaser Split is an agile board when climbing thanks to its reduced size, which makes it easy to squeeze through the fir trees. A board designed to explore the abyss of powder, its width offers good lift in fresh snow.
The Storm Chaser Split is an elegant deep powder board, designed by surfer and shaper Chris Christenson. Its profile is similar to that of surfboards and combines a very long, progressive front rocker with its flat camber that starts in the middle of the front inserts. With its reduced size and the placement of the supports being very far back, the nose of the board can be raised very easily when loading on the back of the snowboard
Very short but very wide, the Storm Chaser Split offers outstanding flotation. It offers gliding performance thanks to its Sintered 8000 sole which makes the Storm Chaser Split a real rocket.
The Storm Chaser Split is an atypical and original board that promises long and beautiful powder-filled curves to aggressive snowboarders.
The board is delivered as is, with a Karakoram Ultra Clip included.
Please note: In an effort to reduce waste, Jones randomly produces the base colours by inverting graphics and backgrounds.
- Cambre: Christenson Surf Rocker : nose and tail rocker designed by shaper Chris Christenson for the Mind Expander and Storm Chaser. Very long rocker that starts at the front and rear inserts.
Directional : classic shape with the nose slightly longer than the tail for float on unpacked snow.
Directional Flex pattern
Bolt-less Bridge: reducing the components of the link box and therefore reducing weight. In addition, the skis are more closely bonded, improving torsional rigidity.
Inside & Outside Traction Tech 1.0 : The undulating edges offer an edge grip with multiple contact points along the length of the board. This technology offsets the edge drift of the rocker, so that you can firmly lock into any moves.
Progressive Sidecut : The radius at the ends of the sidecut is slightly increased as the edge reaches the contact points. This larger radius ensures a smoother ride when entering and exiting turns.
- Flex: 7/10 Stiff flex.
- Core FSC™ Control Split Core : double density wood core: poplar and paulownia. Lightweight and shock absorbing design adapted to the specificities of splitboards
- Topsheet: Biax Fiberlass : double layer of fibreglass applied in both directions for a fun board that forgives small mistakes.
- Sole: Sintered 8000 base : base made from UHMW-PE (Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) and carbon. Extremely easy to repair, with maximum acceleration and glide.
- ECO-Plastic TopSheet : recycled plastic obtained from the Ricin plant. This eco-friendly material is ultra-light, scratch-resistant and water-repellent to prevent snow from sticking to the topsheet.
- Oversized Recycled Edges : edges made of recycled steel.
- Recycled Black ABS : The ABS plastics in Jones boards are made from recycled plastic.
- Wend Natural Wax : ready to use as soon as they leave the factory, Jones snowboards are already waxed with Wend Natural Wax.
- Flip Flop Base : to minimise waste during the manufacturing process.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement : stainless steel plate reinforcements in the nose and tail of the board to increase its longevity
- Karakoram Ultra Clip : Jones splitboards have Karakoram clips as well as hooks on the nose and tail. These tension-adjustable K-clips improve the board torsional rigidity.
- Quick Tension Tail : The Quick Tension system is a lightweight solution unique to boards by Jones from 2016 onwards (except the Discovery). These Jones splitboards have a notch on the tail so you can attach and secure Quick Tension compatible skins. The Quick Tension clip has been re-designed to include a rubber tail strap and a compact metal clip.
The Storm Chaser Split is a board for special conditions where powder must be present! The Storm Chaser Split is a playful powder board that can reach crazy speeds when the slope is steep enough.
With its compact size, the Storm Chaser Split is easy to climb but can lack grip if you find yourself on the ice. The Storm Chaser Split is one of the new generation ofshort freeride boards and is a board exclusively made for lots of snow. Its flat camber and double rockersare prominent, which is why the Inside & Outside Traction Tech 1.0 gives a small amount of grip when you leave the powder.
Advantages: bamboo core, very playful and manoeuvrable
Disadvantages:Powder turns will be too easy to do!