The Speedway Split is a splitboard by Salomon Snowboard.
Inspired by the Speedway, a high performance all-mountain/freeride board, the Speedway Split is a great downhill board that will delight riders looking for speed. Offering great possibilities with its tapered directional shape, it will be ideal for riders of very good level who want to send it downhill while looking for more lightness for sporty climbs.
Just like the Speedway, the Speedway Split has a Backseat Camber under the rear foot, which will allow you to make sharp and explosive turns. As for the flat segment under the front foot, it offers more fun on powder days to keep the board playful and maneuverable.
Turn entries are made easier and curves are controlled thanks to its Quadratics dimension line. The transitions from tile to tile are easy to make for a smooth, flowing ride, even at high speeds.
As far as the climbs are concerned, Salomon Snowboard has set out to reduce all possible weight with the idea of making the splitboard riding phases faster than ever. The ultra-light core and the cork ends with honeycomb construction make the board lighter, while improving control and cushioning.
For splitboarders who don't want to neglect the downhill, the Speedway Split is the board for you!
Side cuts :
- 155 cm: 291/246/285
- 160 cm: 296/249/290
- 165 cm: 303/254/297
Information (provided by Salomon) :
- Playful character : 2/ 5
- Accuracy : 4/5
- Reactivity: 3/ 5
- Lift: 4/5
Backseat Camber (Camber+Rocker) : Camber underfoot at the rear for explosive turns and flat segments underfoot for lots of fun on big pow days. The best of both worlds without any unwanted vibrations.
Tapered Directional: The tail width is slightly tapered (2-20mm). This loosens up turning initiation and improves flotation in deeper snow without sacrificing edge hold on hard snow.
- All-mountain EB : The angle of the edges is softened at the extremities, while the incline of the edges is 1 degree on the key parts of the sideline and passes at 2 degrees between the feet. The result is an impeccable hold in turns without any edge catches.
- Popster : Preformed wood core profile with different thicknesses at strategic points. The result: optimising the natural liveliness and spring of the wood. Feels like your skateboard kicktail finally connected with your snowboard.ABS:
- Ghost Green Core : Ghost Green Core components have been selected and designed to optimise pop and reduce weight while using the hardwearing qualities of superlight paulownia wood.
- Damplifier Lite : The ends incorporate a blend of lightweight materials (cork, honeycomb) strategically placed for improved flotation, reduced inertia for easier driving and better control, as well as increased cushioning and shock resistance.
- High quality stone finish : Our fine stone finish is particularly efficient on our Sintered EG base, speeds up in powder or softer snow conditions.
- Sintered sole: Provides a moderate balance between the speed created by a hard surface and good wax retention.
Pomoca skins made to measure: We provide custom skin for ease of mind on the mountains and for touring efficiency. We even provide a specific bag that let you fold the skin into in just couple of seconds so you don’t have to struggle even when conditions are less than perfect.
Plum hooks PLUM hooks are specifically made for high performance splitboarding. Their asymetric profile guaranty a perfect link between all the parts. They are light and easy to use
Lighter and more performant, the Speedway Split is a splitboard that offers very good sensations on the downhill, with a powerful and fast ride and a smooth glide.
Pleasant because it is more manoeuvrable and lighter, this board will delight riders looking for a high performance split on the way up but especially on the way down.
Advantages: Power, speed, lightweight construction
Disadvantage: For more technical riders only